The MK910 is a high-performance CLS-compatible speedlight with a large guide number of 42(ISO 100/M)(111.5/157.5 ft.)(at the 35mm zoom position in Nikon FX format with standard illumination pattern)
Combined with CLS-compatible camera, the MK910 can easily perform various types of flash operations, such as I-TTL auto flash and wireless multiple flash.
Three types of illumination patterns(standard, center-weighted and even) are available to match different shooting preferences.
Power zoom function automatically adjusts the zoom position to match the lens focal length from 18mm to 180mm. When the built-in wide-flash adapter is used or the diffusion dome is attached, the zoom position is automatically set to match a wide angle lens with much shorter focal length.
Bounce flash or close-up flash photography can be easily performed
Custom functions are provided to allow for various settings.
- -I-TTL mode, monitor pre-flashes are fired at all times. The subject is correctly exposed by the light from the flash lighting and the exposure is less affected by ambient light.
- -Advanced wireless lighting, with advanced wireless lighting, wireless multiple flash operation in the TTL (i-TTL)mode can be accomplished with CLS-compatible digital SLRs. In this mode, you can divide the remote flash units into three groups and control the flash output independently for each group, expanding your range of creative multiple-flash shooting techniques.
- -AF-assist illuminator, in autofocus operation, the MK910 emits AF-Assist illumination, which matches the wider AF area of CLS-compatible cameras. With cameras supporting this function, autofocus photography in dim lighting is possible even when the camera’s focus point (focus area) is changed.
FLASH MODES AND FUNCTIONS ON MK910
- i-TTL mode, the camera controls the MK910’s flash output level by measuring the light reflected from the subject when the MK910 fires a series of monitor pre-flashes.
- Auto FP High-Speed Sync, high-speed flash synchronization at a compatible camera's highest shutter speed is possible. This is useful when you want to use a wider aperture to achieve shallow depth to blur the background.
- FV Lock (Flash Value Lock), Flash value, or "FV", is the amount of flash exposure for the subject. Using FV Lock with compatible cameras, you can lock in the appropriate flash exposure for the main subject. This flash exposure is locked in, even if you change the aperture or composition, or zoom the lens in and out.
- Manual flash mode, by setting the aperture and the flash output level, you can manually set the exposure and the distance to the subject.
- Repeating flash mode, the MK910 fires repeatedly to create stroboscopic multiple-exposure effects. The operation is useful when shooting fast-moving subjects.
- Bounce flash, by tilting or rotating the flash head, you can bounce the light off a ceiling on wall to make use of reflected light.
- Close-up flash photography, close up flash photography can be achieved with use of the built-in wide-flash adapter and the flash head titled down.
- Flash output level compensation/exposure compensation, flash output level compensation is performed by modifying the flash output level for the flash illuminated subject only. Exposure compensation is performed by intentionally modifying the correct exposure o modify both the subject and background exposure.
- Wireless multiple flash, advance wireless lighting. In this mode, you can divide the remote flash units into three groups and set the flash mode and flash output level compensation values separately for each group as well as the master flash unit.
FUNCTIONS THAT ARE SET ON THE CAMERA
Slow-sync, the flash is controlled at a slow shutter speed to obtain the correct exposure for both the main subject and background in low-light situations.
REAR-CURTAIN FLASH SYNC
Rear-curtain flash sync creates a picture in which the blur of a moving subject appears behind the subject and not in front. In this mode, the flash fires just before the rear curtain starts to close.
Power zoom function, automatically adjusts the zoom position to match the lens focal length.
Setting the ISO sensitivity, the ISO sensitivity is automatically set based on information from the camera.
Test firing, you can verify whether the subject will receive the correct exposure by test firing the MK910.
Modeling illuminator, before actually shooting you can check the illumination and the shadows cast on the subject.
MK900 STAUS AND SETTING FUNCTIONS
Custom setting, various settings can be made while checking the status on the LCD panel.
Standby function, this function automatically puts the MK900 in standby mode to conserve battery power.
Continuous flash, the MK910 fires continuously in sync with continuous shooting.
Thermal cut-out, this function protects the MK910 from high operating temperatures. If the temperature of the unit rises to a certain level, the MK910 will switch to protective mode.
FLASH MODES AND FUNCTIONS
Information obtained by monitor pre-flashes and exposure control information is integrated by the camera to automatically adjust flash output levels.
- -TTL is recommended for standard shooting situations.
- -To take pictures using MK910 set in i-TTL mode, see ”basic operation”
- -I-TTL automatic balanced fill-flash mode and standard i-TTL mode are available.
- Standard i-TTL, the main subject correctly exposed regardless of background brightness. This is useful when you want to highlight the main subject.
▼Bounce flash operation
▼Wireless multiple flash shooting
Flash shooting distance range: 0.6m to 16m
(varies depending on camera’s image area setting, ISO sensitivity zoom position, and lens aperture in use)
Available flash mode: TTL, Manual flash, Repeating flash, S1,S2
Other available functions: Test firing, monitor pre-flashes, AF-assist illuminator, and Modeling illuminator
MK910 Creative lighting system:
A variety of flash operations are available with compatible cameras: i-TTL mode, advanced wireless light, FV Lock flash, flash color information communication, Auto FP High-speed sync, and wide-area AF-Assist illuminator
Multiple flash operation: Advanced wireless lighting
Flash exposure control set on the camera
Camera’s sync modes: slow-sync, front-curtain sync, rear-curtain sync
Flash head tiles down to -7° or up to 90° with click-down-stops at -7°, 0°, 45°, 60°, 75°, 90°
Flash head rotates horizontally 180° to the left and right with click-stops at 0°, 30°, 60°, 75°, 90°, 120°, 150°, 180°
Rotate the power ON-OFF switch to turn the MK910 on or off standy function can be set
Power source: Use four AA-type batteries (Alkaline, Lithium, OxyrideTX or Ni-MH are usable) (not included)
Mounting foot lock level: Provides secure attachment of MK900 to camera’s accessory shoe using locking plate and mount pin to prevent accidental detachment
Flash output level compensation:
-3.0 +3.0 EV in increments of 1/3 steps in the i-TTL; auto flash
Custom setting: 5 items
Other function: Thermal Cut-out
Dimensions: 200 x 78 x 58mm
Weight: 405g (Speedlite only, batteries excluded)
for all Nikon F mount cameras
- Meike MK-910 for Nikon x 1
- Flash stand x 1
- Protection bag x1
- User manual x1